Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 10 Photo Challenge: Legendary


I feel my photography has always had an influence by photographers in the past by the way they used light and colors to make their photos unique. One of my favorite artists and photographers is Andy Warhol. He always used  glamour in this work. Though many of his photographs were black and white I knew I wanted my picture to be in color to incorporate my own style into the self portrait. I set my camera on a tripod and set the shutter speed extremely slow with a wide aperture. Since I was fairly close to the camera I wasn't going to need a long focal length. I next set the camera on self timer pushed the button and posed. The results created I thought were very reminiscent of Warhol. Like his other portraits I feel their is a sense of glamour in the photograph with the additional of sunglasses. In a way they made me feel almost "celebrity" because I was in control of who saw my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment