Monday, October 24, 2011

BOC Week 4 Photo Challenge

I have been very fornate to have been able to travel many places in the world. Every where I have gone has given me experiences that have shaped and made me who I am today. I feel experienceing another culture is the true way to appreciate it. One of my favorite places I have gotten to see is the Bahamas. The colors, the people, the art, the overall feeling you get when walking around is such a well known place. Sure you can see it in movies but you really can't say you have seen the Bahamas without walking on the beach and hearing a friendly greeting from the people of the Bahamas.

During my most recent trip this past weekend I went on a Disney Cruise with my friends and family. During the cruise we got to visit to the Bahamas where we were taken to Disney's private island Castaway Cay. It was absolute paradise there. I took this picture while swimming in the water. I set my camera on a tripod zoomed into the water where I was going to be and set the camera on the self timer. I was lucky enough to get this shot which shows the beauty of the Bahamas.

I love that I got to see the amazing place with people I love. Photographers can become lonely people but what makes photography so special to me is the people I get to experience these photos with.  "Do not exchange a meaningless award for the sorrow you will feel each morning you wake up alone without you spouse." (Harrington, 483)

No comments:

Post a Comment