Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 3 BOC Photo Challenge Self portrait paparazzi

The paparazzi have always been an the unpleasant side of photography. Though many photographers enjoy their job and enjoy the income it seems that paparazzi have turn this art form into a way to make celebrities and well known names fear the camera. Is it because we can see more with our camera than what people can with their eyes? No it's because we can capture an action and like the saying says "A picture is worth a thousand words" can manipulate to how we see fit.

In this self portrait I was trying to see what I always thought about when I see paparazzi. You never notice their face because it is always covered because of their camera. As mentioned in class many photographers are being threatened of work because of the lack of actual cameras being used. Like many people I own an iPhone and decide to pose with it as I'm sure plenty of paparazzi are using them to catch someone on the go. I took this in the early morning for dramatic shadows with a Canon 7D on an ISO 100, the aperture was set to 18, and the shutter speed was set to 1/30.

No comments:

Post a Comment