Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 BOC: Photo Challenge






When you see photos in a magazine or in an advertisement majority of the time you think "Wow I wish I looked like that!" or "Wow I want to go there!" Well as photographers we want you to think these things. It's not only our job to take the picture but to edit it so that it looks almost perfect. In a way we photographers are a product of how society wants to see things. We can edit almost anything and make you believe that it is real. In portrait photography the emphasis is on the face. Would you want to see your senior picture with a acne and dark circles? I did not think so. It's our job as photographers to show the client at their best and to make them feel beautiful if that's what the photo shoot is aiming for. I do most of my editing at school or on my own laptop at home. I'm the type of photographer that likes the editing to be done as natural as possible. If I can get away with only a few touches I feel that is a successful photo. The amount of editing depends on the project.

I took this self portrait of myself editing a set of business portraits I recently took. I never realized that the concentration on my face can come off as mean. But when I sit at the computer to edit a set of photos I zone everything out and examine the photo as if I were that person. You are always more critical on yourself than others would be and by looking at all the small details I am able to see what should be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment